and home visits
as you need
Welcome To Winchester’s Private GP
Coronavirus/COVID-19: latest information, testing and advice
Our doctors remain available for consultation over this period. We are a UK Government approved provider of COVID-19 testing. Please find specific information regarding booking Test to Release and Day 2&8 testing for international arrivals here.
We can accommodate screening swabs in asymptomatic non-registered individuals for the defined purposes of essential travel, “Test to Release”, family repatriation, funerals/ attending the frail and dying, aid work, occupational health, key worker screening, care home transfers and pre-hospital screening. Registered patients may still access screening outside of these criteria, including for holiday travel (where allowable). We provide next day reporting/ certification on a weekday morning SARS-CoV-2 RT PCR sample (£210 inclusive per individual). We also offer SARS-CoV-2 rapid antigen lateral flow analysis with same day reporting (£125), but this method may not be suitable in all circumstances. To determine evidence of previous exposure, we provide the high sensitivity PHE endorsed Siemens SARS-CoV-2 IgG/IgM/IgA total antibody test (£125). Where specified turnaround times are required, these can usually be accommodated; however, please discuss your particular requirements prior to booking.
For eligible enquiries, please call reception on 01962 828715 within office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and circumstances including date required, and destination if relevant. For “Test to Release” enquiries specifically, we have set up a form to capture all the necessary details: please submit your enquiry here. We will respond as promptly as possible.
For information on how we process your data, please read our Fair Processing Notice.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE: Due to current excessive demands on the service and the need to maintain a safe environment, we are unable to provide COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 testing for symptomatic individuals, other than remotely for our registered/ Healthplan patients. In these circumstances, please contact 119 or the online NHS testing service which will also arrange tracing of contacts.
You are advised to stay at home (isolate) if you or if anyone else in your household has:
- A new continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- High temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, call your doctor at The Walcote Practice or use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service. If you do not have internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
Please click here for Government guidance about how to carry out and end isolation either individually or as a household. Please click here for Public Health England (PHE) information on the coronavirus outbreak.
Whilst you are in isolation, The Walcote Practice is able to provide video/telephone consultations should you have further questions or concerns about possible coronavirus infection or regarding any other aspect of your health.
Welcome to The Walcote Practice, an award winning private GP in the heart of Winchester, Hampshire. We offer rapid access to affordable private GP services which are tailored to your individual needs. We look forward to providing you with excellent medical care from a private doctor in a comfortable setting. The Walcote Practice is also well located for residents of Southampton, Romsey, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Andover, Basingstoke, Alton and Portsmouth.
The Walcote Promise
- Appointments within 48 hours with a private GP, often same day, including home visits.
- Appointments last for as long as you require – you will have time to properly tell us about your concerns and we will have time to really assist.
- Varied appointment times both within and outside of standard working hours to meet your individual needs.
- Efficient appointment bookings.
- Excellent continuity of care with a private doctor who knows you.
- A host of important medical services in addition to all standard services offered by your NHS GP.
- Quick access to diagnostic tests, scans and health screening.
- Rapid referrals to leading hospital consultants and health professionals (eg dieticians, physiotherapists) when needed.
Our patient–centred approach means we have carefully designed The Walcote Practice with your particular healthcare needs and your convenience as our priorities.
Everyone deserves to enjoy optimal health, and we have a strong focus on wellness and preventative health, in addition to management of illnesses, to keep you feeling at your best. Our private doctors seek to empower you in your healthcare and we will make every effort to assist you in reaching your desired health outcomes.
Our experienced GPs look forward to working together with you to have you feeling as well and healthy as possible, as soon as possible.
Your Private GP: Responsive, Bespoke Services
You are able to use the services of a private doctor at The Walcote Practice in Winchester, Hampshire, in the way which best suits you. We offer:
- Standard appointments in person, by video or by telephone as and when you require, OR
- Annual Healthplan subscriptions, available to both individuals and families, which offer multiple benefits.
You can use also our Private GP service in Winchester, Hampshire, to supplement that of your NHS GP, meaning that you can choose who you would prefer to see at any given time or for any particular medical condition.
The Walcote Practice is registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission.