Welcome To Winchester’s Private GP
Coronavirus/COVID-19: latest information and advice
You are advised to stay at home (isolate), regardless of your travel history or contact with confirmed cases, if you or if anyone else in your household has:
- A new continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- High temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, call your doctor at The Walcote Practice or use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service. If you do not have internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
Please click here for Government guidance about how to carry out and end isolation either individually or as a household. Please click here for Public Health England information on the coronavirus outbreak.
Whilst you are in isolation, The Walcote Practice is able to provide video/telephone consultations should you have further questions or concerns about possible coronavirus infection or regarding any other aspect of your health. In selected cases, we are also able to offer private testing for coronavirus/ COVID-19 including both direct viral PCR during symptomatic infection and high sensitivity IgG antibody testing (Abbott or Siemens) to determine past exposure.
Welcome to The Walcote Practice, an award winning private GP in the heart of Winchester, Hampshire. We offer rapid access to affordable private GP services which are tailored to your individual needs. We look forward to providing you with excellent medical care from a private doctor in a comfortable setting. The Walcote Practice is also well located for residents of Southampton, Romsey, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Andover, Basingstoke, Alton and Portsmouth.
The Walcote Promise
- Appointments within 48 hours with a private GP, often same day, including home visits.
- Appointments last for as long as you require – you will have time to properly tell us about your concerns and we will have time to really assist.
- Varied appointment times both within and outside of standard working hours to meet your individual needs.
- Efficient appointment bookings.
- Excellent continuity of care with a private doctor who knows you.
- A host of important medical services in addition to all standard services offered by your NHS GP.
- Quick access to diagnostic tests, scans and health screening.
- Rapid referrals to leading hospital consultants and health professionals (eg dieticians, physiotherapists) when needed.
Our patient–centred approach means we have carefully designed The Walcote Practice with your particular healthcare needs and your convenience as our priorities.
Everyone deserves to enjoy optimal health, and we have a strong focus on wellness and preventative health, in addition to management of illnesses, to keep you feeling at your best. Our private doctors seek to empower you in your healthcare and we will make every effort to assist you in reaching your desired health outcomes.
Our experienced GPs look forward to working together with you to have you feeling as well and healthy as possible, as soon as possible.
Your Private GP: Responsive, Bespoke Services
You are able to use the services of a private doctor at The Walcote Practice in Winchester, Hampshire, in the way which best suits you. We offer:
- Standard appointments in person, by video or by telephone as and when you require, OR
- Annual Healthplan subscriptions, available to both individuals and families, which offer multiple benefits.
You can use also our Private GP service in Winchester, Hampshire, to supplement that of your NHS GP, meaning that you can choose who you would prefer to see at any given time or for any particular medical condition.
The Walcote Practice is registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission.